Our women's Bible study is getting ready to kick off for the fall at Calvary Knoxville and we had a fun get together last night! I decided that I wanted to make a pretty, feminine desert for the occasion because what a great opportunity to bake. As I was trying to brainstorm some cupcake ideas my husband mentioned that the Lavender Honey Latte at Spero Coffee was a big hit and maybe I should do that as a cupcake. So I got on Pinterest and stumbled across this amazing recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. Seriously, guys it is AMAZING. Make it!
cup butter room temp
eggs room temp
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoons dried lavender
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, the 2 teaspoons lavender, and the salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, honey, and vanilla; beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until mixture is combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes for 1-3/4-inch cupcakes (or 16 to 18 minutes for 2-1/2-inch cupcakes) or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Pipe or spread with Honey Frosting. If desired, sprinkle with additional lavender.
- 5 ounces cream cheese (2/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4cup honey
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Allow cream cheese and butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In large mixing bowl beat cheese, butter, honey, and vanilla with mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup of the powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency.